There are two versions of WinImage : standard and professional.
Registering options are different:
WinImage 8.00 Professional - price for NEW USERS of WinImage is $60.
WinImage 8.00 Standard - price for NEW USERS of WinImage is $30.
WinImage 8.00 Standard - price for registered users of any previous version of WinImage is FREE
WinImage 8.00 Professional - price for registered users of any previous version or WinImage 4.0/5.0 or 6.0 Standard is $30.
WinImage 8.00 Professional - price for registered users of WinImage 4.0/5.0/6.x or 7.0 Professional is FREE.
WinImage 8.00 Developer Edition - price for NEW USERS is $200.
WinImage 8.00 Developer Edition - price for registered users of WinImage Professional is $150
WinImage Professional adds all these feature to WinImage standard:
- Self extractor with unlimited redistribution license.
- File Properties - allows modification of file dates within image.
- You can export the directory of the current image in text or HTML.
- Printing of the directory of the image
- Edit boot sector properties (i.e. load another boot sector file, edit text in the boot sector...)
- Supports the creation of large images of removable and hard disks under Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 and Windows 95/98/Me. Large images are not loaded in memory, read and write operations are done directly in image files.
WinImage Developer Edition contain WinImage Professional, the WinImage SDK and a licence to distribute software made with WinImage SDK and the WinImage SDK DLL on 10 (ten) computers.
Note: the upgrade for registered users of WinImage versions 1.0, 2.x, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.x or 7.0 standard to 8.00 standard is free. The upgrade from WinImage 4.0, 5.0 or 6.0 professional to 6.10 professional is also free.
If you don't have a WinImage Professional license, you can use the Professional version for 30 days (30 REAL days : if you start testing on July 1st and use it only on even numbered days, you can use it until September 1st).
At that time, you'll be automatically switched to standard mode.